D.O.A

"We make you dead on arrival!"
That's right. Be scared.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Relaxing Tea Recipe

Relaxing Tea Blend
Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup dried spearmint
  • 1 cup dried lemon balm
  • 1/4 cup dried lemon grass
  • 1/2 cup of dried catnip
  • 3/4 cup dried chamomile flowers
  • 2 tbs. dried lavender flowers
Combine the herbs and store in an air-tight container in a dark, cool location.  Make tea using 2 teaspoons of herb blend for each cup.  
                                                                                                                                  

Relaxing at Home

              I wuz resting agenst a large rock in camp after the sucsessful Battle at Saylor's Creek.  A third of Lee's army surrendered, and my delited regiment leader told me and the other members of my regiment to take a breef, well-earned rest when we reeched Appomattox Courthouse, Virginia.  When we arrived, we eemeedeeyetly stretched out and relaxed.  Of corse, in this war, "relaxing" wuz breef and not very relaxing, but everyone wuz saying that this battle mite actooaly be the last of the war.  I hoped so!  As I rested agenst the rock, I remembered what real relaxing wuz.  I had not relaxed for real since before joyning the Army.  Real relaxing - for me, anyway - wuz resting in one of the few comfortable chairs at home, in front of a fire, with my happy and content family around me, drinking my wife, Elizabeth's, relaxing tea blend.  I leaned back agenst the rock, remembering that lovely taste of my favorite tea.  I had ben stressed a lot in the war.  When I wuz stressed at home, Elizabeth made me tea.  I wanted the war to end.  I wanted to go back home and relax with my family and a cup of hot tea.  I closed my eyes and imajined feeling the heet of a warm fire burning in the fireplace, seeing my family's happy faces bathed in the lite of the fire, and espeshully, the wonderus taste of the Elizabeth's relaxing tea blend.  The regiment leader called us to atenshun.  I sihed as a stood at atenshun, leeving behind a wonderful, relaxing daydream.

[Thank you for the recipe!:  http://www.totalgettysburg.com/civil-war-recipes.html]

No comments:

Post a Comment