D.O.A

"We make you dead on arrival!"
That's right. Be scared.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Battle of Gettysburg-Day One


July 1, 1863
Battle of Gettysburg-Day One

I heard bulets flying leeft and rightt. I see men faling. I felt my riffe in my hand. I smeled blod in the air. I tasted gun power as it floated around. I could tell that this was the start of a new battle, one which we will ever forget.
I saw Confeds soilder's marching in font and take their aim. I was truly frightend, but I had to remind myselff that this is worth fighting for. All of my prepearation has led to this moment. I loaded my rife and set aime. I was scared to shot, because in my head i was going over what that family would think and how my life would change if I shoot. Being a farmer, I am no stranger to animale death, but causing human death wile haunt me for the rest of my life. While I was thinking about possibilities, I felt a stong tug at my leg, and I looked down. I saw a bloody hole in my right calf. I was screaming but know sound came out. I felt like the hole world was spining. Then next thing I know, I was pased out on the ground on top of another solider. Two men came rushing my my side doging every bulet that came there way. They both pulled my legs. Then I blacked out completely.
As I am writing this entry, I have no right calf  but I am able to walk. This has been the most scariest thing I have ever been though, and I pray that this wont happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment