D.O.A

"We make you dead on arrival!"
That's right. Be scared.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

A "Hard" Tack Morning

I felt like someone was kicking my legs with full force. I woke up to find that it was General Bufort awakening me. As I did not move, he started to yell. "Get up, we have a full day ahead of us." I tried to move, but my hunger would not let me. I started to feel a pinching pain under my right ribs. It was forcing my body to twitch uncontrollably. I could not stop it. As I lay on the ground, he was starting to yell even louder than before. "Get up, or we will leave you behind!" I opened my mouth, but no words came out. He closed the tent flap, and turned away. My friend Corporal McGee rushed into my tent, and started force feeding me. I could not tell what the food I was receiving was, but I did not complain. It had no taste and felt thick, dry, and super hard. It was hard to swallow but I made myself do it. As the substance went down my throat, I felt like I had a little energy. It was barely enough to make me stand up straight. McGee left my tent, and returned with more of this food. As soon as I could talk, I asked him, "What is it that I'm eating?" He was shocked I could talk and replied with, "Hardtack, we have no shortage of it here at our camp. Its just water, flour, and salt mixed together. We have a long journey ahead of us, so eat up"

-2 Cups of water
-5 Cups of flour
-1 Tsp of salt
Preheat oven to 375
Mix water, salt, and flour in a bowl. Until the mixture becomes hard enough that you can not mix it anymore.
Bake for 30 min.
Take out, and flip.
Bake again for another 30 min.
Let cool and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment